Teaching three religions: Christianity, Judaism and Islam in the primary school
Course Date: 14 March 2014
Aims of the day
This one-day course addresses practical ways of learning about and from three religions: Christianity, Judaism and Islam. The course will improve teachers’ and co-ordinators’ subject knowledge and provide them with a variety of engaging and effective strategies for learning about and from these three religions. Resources and ideas will be shared, supporting creative, visual, active and enquiry-based learning for children from 5 - 11.
The course will support teachers in:
- creating a planned learning experience for children in each of these religions
- ensuring progression in teaching about and from Christianity, Judaism and Islam across the primary age range
- awareness of appropriate learning strategies to deal with challenging topics such as prayer, belief and religion in the community
- using a variety of effective and engaging learning strategies in RE
- feeling more confident when teaching Christianity, Judaism and Islam
Tutor: Fiona Moss, RE Adviser, RE Today Services.
Cost: £160 (RE Today subscribers); £190 (non subscribers)
Booking: Book online or contact our Courses Administrator by email or phone (0121 472 4242).
For more information and details of how to book your place, please download the document below